This tutorial will show you an easy way to create a table in Adobe Illustrator.
- Select the Rectangle Tool by clicking in the Tool Palette.
- Click and drag in the document to create a rectangle with the desired dimensions. (This rectangle can be resized later, using the Scale tool).
- With the newly-drawn rectangle still selected, go to the “Object” menu, scroll down to “Path,” and choose “Split Into Grid…” from the submenu. Do not click in the document outside the rectangle, or the necessary command will be unavailable, and this step will fail.
- Set up your table. Click in the “Preview” checkbox (this displays the result of each setting that you change), then set the desired number of Rows & Columns. To eliminate any space between Table Cells, set the “Gutter” values to “0”.
- The table will be created. You can change the color, stroke or add text in each box.
- Click at (on) the edge of any cell with the Selection Tool to change its fill or stroke color using the Swatches palette.
- Animate in Adobe Illustrator
- Make a Flyer in Adobe Illustrator
- Add Fonts to Illustrator
- Create an Arrow on Adobe Illustrator
How to of the Day